Sunday, November 2, 2008

Back In Orlando

So I have been back in Orlando for about 2 weeks. I miss my boat. It is hard to get your land legs after being on a boat for 8 weeks. Those 8 weeks on the boat were great. I learned lots and put mu skills that I learned in collage to use. I got to see lots of California Wine Country. Cali is a really pretty state. I spent lots of time in the Napa Valley. The ports that we stopped were really boring. There was not much to do if we wanted to do anything then we had to take a cap ride into town. I did it the 1st couple of times then I did not want to spend the money to get into town.
I tried to go on a hot air balloon ride. So we got to the take off point and they started to blow up the balloon and they got the balloon all the way blown then the wind was to windy and they could not safety fly the balloon. I was sad I really wanted to go but I rather be on the ground safe then in the air not safe. There will be another time to go.


I spent some time in San Francisco after I got of the boat before I came back to Orlando.
Some friends from the boat went with me (Erin, Shane, and Chris). It was great to get to hang out with them out side of the boat. We did a lot of walking around. I ate at an In-N-Out Burger for the 1st time. It was good. Erin and I went to the Wax Museum. It was a little weird to see how real the people look even though they are made of wax. We also went to Chirardelli square. They have the best chocolate around. We had ice cream and chocolate covered strawberries. They were so good.
After that we went back to the hotel and relaxed then we went in to down town San Fran. San Fran is a busy place. We road on a trolley car it was really cool. We got a little lost on are way back. I was thankful that Erin was with me b/c she got me back to the hotel safely.

It is great to be able to see the west coast. I am grateful and very blessed to be able to travel as part of my job. I am loving the experience that I am gaining. I am ready to start my next adventure.

I will be moving back to NY in Nov. I will have that as my home base for my time off in between my time on the boat. I will also travel in between the cruises.

No comments: