Tuesday, May 18, 2010

JOB..

As I said in my last post about not going back to Cruise West next year I have been looking at other jobs. I am just not sure what I want to do anymore or where I want to be. I am done with the season in Oct and would like to start another job in Nov, But I am thinking of not starting until Jan that way I will be home for the Holidays. The couple of jobs that I have looked at are the new Disney Ship, Edelweiss Lodge and Resort, Catering, and Eckerd Youth Alternatives. There have been others to but these are the ones that have stood out to me.

Disney Cruise line
has a new Ship coming out in Jan so I thought that that would be a good one to apply for to do youth actives. The pay is not as good as what I make know but my that time I should be out of debt so I don't have to worry to much about bills. I think that it would be really fun to work with the kiddies.

Edelweiss Lodge and Resort
is an Armed Forces Recreation Center,and is located in Garmisch, Germany. It is a resort for Military families to come a relax on there time off. I would have to do a 13 month contract. What a great place to work and I would get to travel Europe while I am there, and they only hire Americans. to work there.

Catering has a lot of different options that I can do. It is almost never the same and I can do it anywhere. I won't get as board with this because this are always changing in the Catering field. I just have to figure out where I want to settle.

Eckerd Youth Alternatives helping at-risk youth and their families. It is a camp style program that helps kids that need help and there parents are having trouble helping them. I would be a camp counselor helping them with outdoor actives and other stuff. I think this is a great why to help kids and a great way for we to grow as a person. The camps are located on the east coast.

That's what I have been thinking about over the last couple of weeks. What do I do next in my life? Is is time to settle down some where and put roots down. I thinking maybe but I am not sure. if anybody is out there reading this let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think that you are awesome and you have so many talents that this is kind of a tough decision! However, having been in a similar position recently, all I can say is that you will know when you need to know. The pieces will come together and you'll see which path is best for you. But you have to determine your priorities, counsel with the Lord and then TRUST HIM.

Love you girl. Good luck!