Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Here's the Deal...

I have started a new season with the Cruise ship. I am on a different ship this year. I am on The Spirit of Endeavour which is about the same as my boat last year but a little smaller. It has been a crazy start to the season already. They have added a position in the Gally (kitchen) that was not there last year so they hired to many people to start the season. With that I was sent on my 1st vacation right off the bat. I was not happy about that. So I went home for my 3 weeks off but lucky for me I got called back early to help out with crew meals on the other boats. The chef that they hired for my boat was not that great and he no longer works on my boat. That is why I came back early. So there will be a new Chef when I go back to the Ship tomorrow. Hopefully it will be for the better. This I will be the Pantry (cold food) and Relief baker. I am glad that I get to do some baking this year. It is really had to get into the baking on this ships b/c they stick with bakers that have work with the company before. So maybe this is a way in but who knows if i will be back next year. I think I say that every year.

No comments: