Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekend......


This weekend was a great weekend. It started out with going to the Palmyra Temple on Saturday. I have not been able to go to the temple as much as I would have like to over the last couple of months. I love going to the temple and be able to feel the spirit and doing the Lords work.
Church was great as always but today they did the primary program (the children). The theme was the family. It was really good to see all the kids up there and doing there parts. There are so many more kids now then there were a couple of years ago. Which is great to see the growth of the church in are small area. There were a couple of songs that got to me today.
The 1st one was When I Am Baptized.
The words are I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of the earth made clean again.

I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can ans live with God again

I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away,
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.

I got to thinking the promises that I made the day that I was baptized and the things that I have done since then. I have come short on some things but am working on them. I seem to always be a work in progress. I have to keep reminding myself daily of the thing that I will get when I follow though with those promises that I have made.

The 2nd was If the Savior Stood Beside Me by Sally Deford
It is too long to wright in here but it got me to thinking. If the Savior was beside me would I act the way that I act at times. Most of the times it would not be a problem but there are other times that it might not be a good idea. Not that I do anything that bad but there are time that I could be better.

The 3rd was Families Can Be Together Forever. This is a great song and I will be with my family forever. That could be a good or bad thing J/K. I love my family and all that they do for me.

Then in Sunday school we were talking about the Armor of God. The things that we need to work on and the things that we will receive when we do them.

In Relief Society we talked about the importance of strengthening the family. It was a great lesson.

So this weekend got me to do a lot of thinking about the things that I need to work on. It also show me where I want to be in the next couple of years. Yes sometimes I get sad that I am not married or have kids but I just have to keep reminding myself that the Lord has a plan for me and in his time it will happen. I just have to keep the faith and to the things that are right to get there.

Oh Yeah and it was my birthday. So all in all it was a great weekend.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I remember going to the sacred grove and looking at the palmyra temple. it is a powerful thing. The church is true! I am jealous that you got to be there for the primary program. I haven't seen one of those since.... 2000.. that is a VERY long time!

Amy said...

I hear you girl. And I love the Primary kids! We had ours this week.
Thanks for sharing your hope and faith and inspiration. Love you!!